Tonight I played around with a couple of recipes from Italian Cooking. For dinner, I made spaghetti all’aglio (spaghetti with garlic sauce).
- about 1 pound of spaghetti
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter or margarine
- 4 heaping tablespoons of minced garlic (more or less to your taste)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/2-1 teaspoon of dried basil and same again of dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- grated parmesan
- Put spaghetti into a large pot of boiling salted water and cook until al dente (a little firm).
- While the spaghetti is cooking, heat oil on medium heat in a frying pan.
- Add garlic and parsley and keep stirring while it cooks to avoid burning.
- As soon as the garlic and parsley are cooked, add the basil and oregano, continuing to stir
- Add butter and stir just long enough for the butter to melt then remove pan from heat.
- Drain pasta and replace into the pot. Pour the oil/garlic mixture over the pasta.
- Add salt and pepper and parmesan to taste and then stir together until the parmesan is completely mixed in.
- Serve right away while it is still hot. Place the parmesan on the table so each guest can add more if they wish.
This made about 4 servings.